Friday, December 7, 2012

Every Handyman's Latest Must Have - Spray Painting Equipment! We Tell You Why


I have recently discovered the joys of spray painting. No, not the type done by kids with spray cans on public property, the type of spray painting done by adults with airless spray guns.

I have always done a lot of painting around the house. I find it often doesn't take much more than a fresh coat of paint to brighten up any house. Garages, sheds and fences can all take on a new lease of life with a fresh coat of paint.

In the past I would have dragged out the rollers and brushes, possibly bought more covers for the rollers, perhaps invested in new brushes, and set aside most of the weekend. In fact I would have preferred a three-day weekend, one day to mask up the area and two days to paint. Then it may have even been back again the following weekend for the second coat.

Then, as mentioned above, I discovered the joys of spray painting. My son turned up with a friend and an airless spray paint machine, and announced they were going to paint my house.

I must confess, on the one hand I was thrilled, another chore I didn't have to do myself, on the other hand I was a little anxious at what sort of finish I would end up with.

I needn't have worried. The boys spent most of the day masking the house. And that is the one thing I noticed that had to be done with far greater accuracy than when using a brush or roller.

You not only have to mask all the trim, but all the windows and doors as well. You also need to cover any outdoor areas, such as patios and decks, and make sure you have everything else put away such as cars, children's toys, laundry, gardening tools and outdoor furniture.

Depending on your proximity to your neighbours, you may need to ask them, as a precaution, to move anything that might be close to the paint spray area.

However I do say as a precaution, because the way airless spray painters operate means that the fine mist of paint sprayed is dry within a very short distance so is not likely to damage any possessions.

After spending all day masking the house, my son and his friend fired up the spray painting equipment and started painting. Within an hour they had finished! It was astonishingly fast. The paint I had purchased allowed a second coat at touch dry stage, so after an hour, the boys were able to spray the second coat. They had it done before nightfall.

Whilst I was amazed at the speed, I was exceedingly happy with the beautifully smooth finish. That was enough for me, the following weekend I started on all those other paint jobs around the house with my new, recently purchased spray painting equipment.

Hiring the Right Painter for Your House   Protecting Paint From Mold   Interior Painting - How Much Paint to Purchase   Putting Color Into the Outdoors   Preparing For An Interior Paint Job   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。